Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item drops, etc.
Hey,
So what I noticed so far - not high lvl yet but these are just my feelings

First of all - I know this game is supposed to be grindy and hard - to be a challenge

BUT

1. IMO spec items drop too rarely. Most of loot I get is usually without any spec - this is helpful on low levels as it boosts your kill speed to some degree.
Also since there aren't that many player we will have to solo at some point where specs can help a lot.

I get it that so many specs and no-specs boost trading between players, but with not so great player quantity trade will be limited, and by looting wrong spec/no spec at all it might be harder than it should be to grind levels

My suggestion would be to meaby increase SPEC loot a little? 

2. Dropped items don't sell for much unless they are high level items. You grab both slots of eq full of drops items but you get a total of 2k money at low levels (doh, even 30+ is similar)
With actual skill and skill upgrade costs meaby boost gold drop by 10-20%? to help players at least aquire the bare minimum to buy out basic skills and meaby get some pots to survive?  

3. I actually loved to grind for quest items ;p I don't like the idea of quest item shop there (unless it's beta only)

4. Would be good to have a map with all NPC locations (minimap is too small and big one is not working yet so it's hard to track them).
Would be also nice to know exact locations of Beginner Quest NPC for each map

5. List/locations of available quests somewhere on forums? I haven't played Priston Tale in.. oh gosh. 10 years? more? It's hard to grasp everything and I've read there are some quests for skill points which I wouldn't want to miss

6. Can you update skill tooltips? I've tried assasin for example and saw some kind of skill that buffed party evasion, but instead it gave you 13% dmg boost. Kinda unlogical ;p and I didn't see any evasion buff on me when I used it. Also heard that knight skills got imprived like Holy Valor also boosting dmg for normal monsters

aaand for now that's it
(08-05-2019, 12:57 PM)Hilf Wrote: Hey,
So what I noticed so far - not high lvl yet but these are just my feelings

First of all - I know this game is supposed to be grindy and hard - to be a challenge

BUT

1. IMO spec items drop too rarely. Most of loot I get is usually without any spec - this is helpful on low levels as it boosts your kill speed to some degree.
Also since there aren't that many player we will have to solo at some point where specs can help a lot.

I get it that so many specs and no-specs boost trading between players, but with not so great player quantity trade will be limited, and by looting wrong spec/no spec at all it might be harder than it should be to grind levels

My suggestion would be to meaby increase SPEC loot a little? 

2. Dropped items don't sell for much unless they are high level items. You grab both slots of eq full of drops items but you get a total of 2k money at low levels (doh, even 30+ is similar)
With actual skill and skill upgrade costs meaby boost gold drop by 10-20%? to help players at least aquire the bare minimum to buy out basic skills and meaby get some pots to survive?  

3. I actually loved to grind for quest items ;p I don't like the idea of quest item shop there (unless it's beta only)

4. Would be good to have a map with all NPC locations (minimap is too small and big one is not working yet so it's hard to track them).
Would be also nice to know exact locations of Beginner Quest NPC for each map

5. List/locations of available quests somewhere on forums? I haven't played Priston Tale in.. oh gosh. 10 years? more? It's hard to grasp everything and I've read there are some quests for skill points which I wouldn't want to miss

6. Can you update skill tooltips? I've tried assasin for example and saw some kind of skill that buffed party evasion, but instead it gave you 13% dmg boost. Kinda unlogical ;p and I didn't see any evasion buff on me when I used it. Also heard that knight skills got imprived like Holy Valor also boosting dmg for normal monsters

aaand for now that's it

Hey thanks for the feedback Hilf,
I'll just list in order as suggested.

1. Player quantity shouldn't be a problem when the official launch happens. If this still is a problem then we could have a look at it. Remember that you can buy gyfu and nied at any shop lady to try and re-spec a item.

2. Drops are low but exp rate is 25x in beta. With the daily hunting quests and introduction quest line we've made sure gold will be enough to buy all skills atleast until level 20. After that it's time to play the market?

3. Quest shop is beta only.

4. We'll be posting map info on the website. We're not likely to ever be able to implement a proper in-game map but we'll try. (Limits to our source code)

5.  Same deal we'll add to the website after launch.

6. Not sure what you mean here exactly can you ellaborate.
6. Yes Smile
Assassin I'll have to check once again... not sure if I didn't mess up skills.
BUT as for Knight - skill Holy Valor is supposed to increase attack with Undead only.
On Priston Tale official forums, I've read that after some patch in 2014 this was changed to Undead+Normal, but tooltip wasn't updated. Once I get the chance i can test it, but that'll be Wednesday or Weekend since this week is pretty busy for me

all of the changes are supposedly in this excel and you can see the difference - but tooltips were not updated. Not sure if it went live though, but it seems so

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0
edit...